See also:

LAAHEMAA NATIONAL PARK

The medieval capital of Estonia sits on the Baltic coast 30 miles from Helsinki. It is one of the most western cities of the former Soviet Union, yet still untouched by mass tourism. The Old Town dates back to the 13th century and has come under Swedish, German and Russian influence at various times. Sights include the 14th century Gothic Town Hall, the pink Parliament building and Nevsky Cathedral. A sightseeing tour of the outskirts of the city should include a visit to Kadriog Park, which surrounds a Palace constructed by Peter the Great, Song Festival centre and Pirita Harbour which houses a British submarine, built in Barrow in Furness, sold to the Estonian navy in 1937, seized by the Soviet navy in 1940 and now back to Estonian hands again.

94, Mira ave., Kaliningrad 236022, Russia
tel. +7 (4012) 931-931
Copyright © 2004-2020, Baltma Tours